Features an 8-inch C-CAM® bass driver and a pivoting IDC module, housing a 4-inch C-CAM RST® inverted midrange driver and a 1-inch C-CAM gold dome tweeter. True 3-way design provides rich midrange detail, higher system output, greater power handling, and superior vocal intelligibility and sound localisation. Optimum imaging and set-up are established via the pivoting IDC, high frequency (+3dB /0dB / -3dB) level adjustment, and boundary compensation (on / off) controls.
Price is per pair.
- Unique IDC dual concentric mid-range/ HF module offering up to 18 degrees of pivot in all directions. Easily directed during post install set-up.
- C-CAM drivers throughout, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entire audio frequency spectrum.
- Special Inverted C-CAM RST profile mid-range cone provides improved dispersion pattern.
- True 3-way designs.
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (+/- 3dB).
- Boundary compensation control.
- Audio match with CP range 200 models and Silver Series hi-fi speakers.
- Our innovative Tri-Grip® fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximising bass response and mid-range clarity.
- Magnetic and easily removable steel grille.
- All models are paint-able to blend with the living environment. Additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
- All models use fire retardant materials specified to UL-94 VO rating.
- All models are splash and humidity proof for installation in shower rooms or pool areas.
- All models feature dust protection covers that are designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
The in-ceiling and in-wall LCR models employ a unique pivoting Inverted Dual Concentric midrange/tweeter module offering up to 18 degrees of play. This allows for the speakers to be discreetly positioned and the sound to be directed toward the listening zone by pivoting the IDC driver module to maximize performance. With the IDC module installed, these architectural speakers become true 3-way designs, offering superior performance and flexibility over typical 2-way or fixed angle speakers.
Within the proprietary IDC module an inverted 4″ midrange driver provides superior dispersion while enabling the midrange cone and tweeter dome assembly to be set as far forward as possible, allowing a clear acoustic ‘sighting’ of the desired listening zone and reducing undesirable diffraction effects. It’s impossible to avoid diffraction effects from conventional two-way designs, which locate the bass driver 75mm (3″) to 150mm (6″) behind the speaker grille.
The Rigid Surface Technology (RST) cone profile is inspired by the Japanese art of Origami, which demonstrates how a very light material (like paper) can be strengthened and made more rigid by making small and precise folds on its surface. Monitor Audio has applied this principle in designing the CAM/RST cones for the GX and RX ranges. Developed and perfected using sophisticated computer modelling (Finite Element Analysis), the GX mid and bass driver cones have been strengthened by a series of radial ribs; the RX driver cones by a pattern of dimples. Our simulations have proved that RST significantly increases cone rigidity, allowing the radiating surfaces to resist mechanical bending forces, which can twist the shape of conventional driver cones to produce distorted sound. The strengthening effect of RST means that we can use thinner, lighter and more responsive C-CAM cones, which provide speed and accuracy while offering greatly reduced distortion. The RST patterns also help to displace standing waves that can propagate on the cone’s surface.